Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow Storm






Snowfall started on Sunday evening. We heard that weather condition would be bad the following day. Truth be told, I woke up the next day finding out that snow had continued falling since the night of Sunday.

Six inches. . . or, more. That was how deep snow would accordingly be on Monday, the 2nd day of March.

Done fixing up myself, I slowly walked to the bus stop, just across our house. Snowfall was heavy. "Snowplets" (or snowdrops?) were rushing to my face. The wind blows away snowdust everywhere. My bus didn't come. Oops! It's not snowplets, nor snowdrops. It's snowfall!

I crossed the street back home. Once inside the house, I turned on the TV for news. . . and set-up my laptop. Schools have been closed. But opening of federal government offices was to be delayed two hours. I text-messaged our Admin Officer. Asked him if it's going to be work as usual - or not! Told him I've been to the bus stop but my bus didn't come. That snowfall was heavy.

Came his reply. He was still waiting for advice from the Ambassador. Then came another text message from him. There was no advice from the Ambassador.

Fortunately, Rey offered to take me to work. I text-messaged my boss again. Told him, am on the way to the office. I found a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment